Monday, April 18, 2011

TWO FOR ONE

When I was 14 I used to listen to this college radio station in NJ that was mainly known for playing metal. One night they were giving away tickets to see The Ramones at the Roseland Ballroom in New York. When the time came, I called in and won. I couldn't believe it. That never happened to me. The DJ must have had a sobering moment because he had the sense to ask how old I was. When he told me I wasn't old enough to win I begin to scream as loud as possible to alert my older brother to "PICK-UP-THE-PHONE!!!" He was just old enough to win (18). We got to go. Frank Black opened and it turned out to be a really fun show. I grew to appreciate seeing The Ramones live. On our way back to the Port Authority I decided I was hungry. I went up to a street vendor and bought a kebob which came with a big piece of bread on top. My brother reminded me it was still passover. "Who cares?!" I replied.... 

1 comment:

Snowlight said...

Grreat post thankyou